Special principles of prevention in connection with building and construction
Annex 2 to Executive Order no. 2107 of 24 November 2021 on Building and Construction
Special principles of prevention, which taking into account the general principles of prevention mentioned in Article 6(2) of Council Directive 89/391/EEC shall be considered by the employers during performance of building and construction, cf. Article 8 of Council Directive 92/57/EEC.
- keeping the construction site in good order and in a satisfactory state of cleanliness.
- choosing the location of workstations bearing in mind how access to these workplaces is obtained, and determining routes or areas for the passage and movement and equipment.
- the conditions under which various materials are handled.
- technical maintenance, pre-commissioning checks and regular checks on installations and equipment with a view to correcting any faults which might affect the health and safety of workers.
- the demarcation and laying-out of areas for the storage of various materials, in particular where dangerous materials or substances are concerned.
- the conditions under which the dangerous materials used are removed.
- the storage and disposal or removal of waste and debris.
- the adaptation, based on progress made with the work site, of the actual period to be allocated for the various types of work or work stages.
- cooperation between employers and self-employed persons.
- interaction with industrial activities at the place within which or in the vicinity of which the construction site is located.