Annex 2: General prevention principles
Annex 2 to the Danish Working Environment Authority’s Executive Order no. 110 on the duties of project supervisors and consultants according to the Working Environment Act.
(Cf. article 6, part 2 of Council Directive 89/391/EEC on the introduction of measures to encourage improvements in the safety and health of workers at work).
- Prevention of risks.
- Evaluation of risks that cannot be prevented.
- Combating risks at source.
- Adapting work to the worker, particularly with regard to workplace layout and choice of equipment, working and production methods, especially with regard to limiting monotonous work and work in a constant rhythm and to reduce the effects of such work on health.
- Regard to technical developments.
- Replacement of anything hazardous with something that is non- or less hazardous.
- Planning prevention to make it a cohesive part of the whole, within which prevention covers techniques, organising work, working conditions, social relationships and the effects of factors in the working environment.
- The adoption of measures for collective protection rather than for individual protection.
- Appropriate instruction of workers.