A notification consists of a number of fields which must be filled out. This is described here.
Information regarding composition
The chemical composition of the substance or material must be disclosed 100 % based on pure substances or raw materials.
Information regarding raw materials
You must provide the Product Registry with full information regarding the chemical composition of any raw materials included in your substances and materials.
If you need to notify a number of similar chemical substances and materials, e.g. multiple colours of the same paint, you can do this as a framework notification.
When notifying a product, you must disclose the chemical composition of the substance or the material. It is important that this information is precise, unambiguous and exhaustive, and that the chemical composition is fully disclosed up to 100%.
In order to report precise and unambiguous information about the chemical composition, you must identify and describe the substances and (raw) materials in the following way:
- For pure substances enter, the unique chemical name and CAS number.
- This also applies to materials that have been assigned a single CAS number.
- For polymers that do not have a CAS number, you can state a generic CAS number. See the guide line for the Product Registry.
- For raw materials you can find it by searching on the trade name or the raw material-PR-number and then add it to the composition.
- If a foreign manufacturer does not wish to inform you of the composition of a substance or material, we recommend that you ask the producer to notify a raw material to the Product Registry. The producer will then receive a raw material-PR-number which the notifier can refer to in the system.
- The composition information needed for a raw material are the same as for the notified product.
- If components in the composition are less than 1%, it is possible to state a generic technical designation such as perfume, filler or pigment. However, no more than total 2% of the composition.
- You must state if the product contains a technical manufactured nanosubstance. If so it is possible to indicate which substance that is nanosize.
Composition information in a notification may comprise several raw materials. These raw materials may also consist of other raw materials.
Registration of raw materials
Foreign manufacturers of a raw material that is part of the composition of another product (a substance or a material), and not imported to Denmark as an individual product, may notify their raw material in the Product Registry. The raw material will be assigned its own raw material PR number. When the raw material PR-number is used by another company, they will only be able to see the name and the PR-number, the composition of the raw material will not be visible for other companies than the notifier of the raw material. Information regarding the full composition of a raw material and its labeling must be submitted when you notify a raw material.
The raw material PR number can be used to identify the raw material in subsequent product registrations. This makes it easier and faster to notify products.
You can notify substances and materials that are similar, e.g. a paint that comes in 20 different colours, in a framework notification under the same PR number.
There are several criteria that must be met in order to use a framework registration to notify substances and materials as a group and to receive a common PR number.
Criteria for framework notification
Substances and materials must:
- Belong to the same group or product series, e.g. a paint that comes in several different shades in a colour palette
- Be used for the same purposes
- Have similar chemical properties. That is, they only differ from one another with regard to:
- few alternative components, e.g. pigments, and/or
- variations in concentrations of the individual ingredients, and/or
- variations om their physical properties
- Have the same danger labels
- If they have a code number, this should be the same for all products
- Have the same chemical-toxicological properties.