Gå til hovedindholdet

Report a work accident

When an employee is injured in an accident at work, the employer must report the accident.

Companies with a Danish business registration number (CVR) must report work accidents using the EASY electronic reporting system. Access to EASY requires a NemID employee signature with special rights.

Report a work accident with a CVR number - Businessindenmark.virk.dk

Foreign service providers who have registered with the Register of Foreign Service Providers (RUT) can report work accidents in a separate part of EASY. In this case the company must enter its RUT number.

Report a work accident as an employer with a RUT number - Businessindenmark.virk.dk

Foreign companies that neither have a Danish CVR nor a RUT number are referred to a special form.

Raport a work accident by filling in a claim form - Arbejdsmarkedets Erhvervssikring

When to report a work accident

The employer is obliged to report an accident at work:

  • if it means that the person can not perform his usual work for 1 day or more in addition to the injury date. Notification must be made within 14 days from the first day of absence, cf. the Working Environment Act
  • if the injured person can be entitled to compensation under the Occupational Injury Act (eg compensation for permanent loss or loss of employment). Notification must be made no later than 14 days after the accident date

Read more about how to report at The Danish Labour Markets Insurance Website

Sidst revideret: 29. October 2020

Henter PDF